My favorite part about fall is baking cookies! There’s something about the cool weather that makes me want to preheat my oven and get messy! If you’re looking for a cute Halloween recipe, I’ve got just the thing for you! These whole wheat chocolate chip monster cookies are perfect for a Halloween party or just to eat around the house! The best part about these cookies is that your kids can help you, too! They will have so much fun putting the candy eyeballs on for a spooky look! Try the recipe out below!
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl use an electric or stand mixer and cream the butter and sugar. Once creamed add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and mix.
- With the mixer on slow speed mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoon onto a lightly sprayed cooking sheet (we used Pam). This cookie recipe spreads so make sure each cookie is 2 inches apart. Lightly press down cookies and place candy eyeballs on cookies.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool completely.